Meet the New Athletic Director

This past year, Athletic Director Abdalla Jahadhmy announced that he was retiring his position as athletic director for San Marcos. Mr. Jahadhmy had been a part of the staff at San Marcos for the last thirty-five years. During  his time here, he spent a majority it working as athletic director, while communicating with parents and student athletes. He was admired by San Marcos families, students, and faculty for decades.

In Mr. Jahadhmy’s final call message to San Marcos families, posted on Parent Square, he said, “I was asked what my proudest moment at San Marcos is. My answer is the relationships I built with former players and how proud I am of them for giving back to the community and supporting worthy causes […].” 

Due to the fact that Mr. Jahadhmy is stepping down from his position, former Activities Director Aaron Solis is now taking over the athletic director position. Michael Thrasher, Education Pathway leader at San Marcos will then be taking over the leadership job position that Aaron Solis ran before. Steven Tragarz, Econ and Law and Society teacher at San Marcos will be running the Royal Report with the students in Video Production. Mr. Solis will be working with Dr. Alvarez and Mr. Holdren to ensure that the athletic department is running smoothly for games, practices, and tournaments. 

Mr. Solis is now taking postion as Athletic Director after Mr. Jahadhmy retires. Image courtesy of Viviana Galindo

“I’ll be making sure that coaches and athletes are clear, checking grades, getting schedules done, and making sure we have the best athletic department that we can have,” said Mr. Solis. “I didn’t want to give up being an activities director, but this is a new challenge in my life which is good for me personally and professionally.” 

He plans on working to get the girls flag football started this upcoming fall, which would be a new sport for San Marcos athletics. Further, he plans on improving the already amazing coaching staff that San Marcos has. He will be running a smooth transition as a new athletic director. 

Principal Dave Holdren said, “Coach Solis has dedicated his professional life to helping provide our students and families with a fantastic high school experience, and I am excited to see him bring the same enthusiasm and thoughtfulness to leading our athletic programs. I have full confidence that he will carry on the tradition of excellence and integrity that are the hallmarks of San Marcos sports.”

In regard to what Mr. Solis is most looking forward to in his new position, he wants to make it clear that his goal and ambition is to overcome obstacles that come in his way. His hope is to continue to support the athletes and all of the students at San Marcos. He looks forward to continuing to make connections with San Marcos students and families.