Though most places enjoy warm, summer days this time of year, Santa Barbara is stuck under a hazy fog that doesn’t seem to want to go away. Instead of waking up to a bright sun, the marine layer makes you want to stay in bed with a cup of tea and some warm treats.
1 cup of chocolate chips
3/4 cup chewy caramel candies
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt butter and pour into mixing bowl.
3. Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Gradually add in first flour and then cocoa and stir until just combined.
4. Unwrap and melt the chewy caramel candies.
5. Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking pan. Then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter. Next, pour the melted caramel over the chocolate chips. Pour the remaining batter over the caramel.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.