Spring has sprung, flowers have bloomed and you know what that means…. Easter has arrived! Easter is when there are egg hunts and candy everywhere on a beautiful spring day. So I came prepared with a delicious recipe just for Easter that you can make whenever you want. Now let us get on with the recipe below.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Bake Time: 13 minutes||Total Time: 28 minutes|
- DO NOT OVERBAKE: This is a baking 101 tip, when baking cookies never ever over bake cookies because they will be a hard texture that you do not want. For cookies you want a soft middle and a crispy exterior, so just keep an eye on your cookies.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- In a big bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add the salt and flour and beat for a minute. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the dough and transfer to the baking sheet. Depending how big your cookies are, bake them for about 10 to 13 minutes until the edges are a golden brown.
- Now allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!
There you have it, beautiful and delicious cookies for Easter. You can make these cookies for any other special occasion or just for fun. You can also decorate them with some sort of icing or sprinkles to elevate them a little. This recipe was from the Broma Bakery Website.
Lexani is in 12th grade…