Senior Bios

Position: Editor-in-Chief, Opinion Editor
Years: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Elizabeth Léka monopolized the Opinion section for two years at San Marcos. She will be attending Loyola Marymount University and will possibly be studying journalism, who knows.
“I will miss I-7 and all the people in it so much. My time in journalism was the best part of San Marcos.”
Position: Editor-in-Chief, Sports Editor
Years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Leo Metzger was sports editor as a freshman and sophomore, and Editor-in-Chief as a junior and senior. He will be attending UC Davis to play golf and study creative writing.
“The King’s Page helped me grow as a writer and a human being. I learned a lot about myself, and about how to communicate with those around me.”
Position: A&E Editor, Fun Editor
Years: 2021, 2022, 2023
Ben Naftali was the A&E editor and the Fun editor as a senior. He will be attending Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon, and will be majoring in law.
“Journalism with Ms. Willbanks was a super fun experience, and I only wish I had started it earlier.”
Position: Staff Writer
Years: 2022, 2023
Caden Semenza wrote for the King’s Page his senior year. He plans to go to SBCC and transfer to an undetermined university, majoring in geography.
Position: Lifestyle Editor
Years: 2021, 2022, 2023
Sofia Carrillo was a staff writer her junior year and Lifestyle editor her senior year. She will be attending SBCC and then transferring to UC David to study political science.
“Serving on the King’s Page was an awesome experience and it made me open up to more people.”
Position: Staff Writer
Years: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Jillian Yager served as a staff writer her sophomore and senior years. She will be attending Texas Christian University, majoring in fashion merchandising and minoring in journalism.
“Ms. Willbanks was my favorite teacher and the toddlers made everyday interesting.”
Position: Staff Writer
Years: 2022, 2023
Bekah Sugano was a staff writer her senior year and will be attending the University of San Diego in the fall, majoring in business administration.
“I really enjoyed journalism and all the people I met in the class. It was always such a blast and Willbanks is the best!”
Position: Staff Writer
Years: 2021, 2022
Jada Shalhoob had the honor of serving two years on the King’s Page as a staff writer where she learned to interview; talking to students about their school sports and life on campus. As a senior she is very grateful to have this opportunity and will now be attending SBCC and majoring in economics.