Girl’s Volleyball Season

SM Yearbook
Girls Volleyball’s match against Santa Barbara High School

Our Girl’s Volleyball team has had a slow start to this season so far, but it has started to pick up in their favor. This past weekend our Royals finished first in their bracket for the San Luis Obispo hosted tournament. So far they have shown tremendous effort, teamwork, and grit on the court.

“It has been a fun start to the season and getting into the groove of how we play together,” said sophomore Gracie Stone, “We will continue to grow as a team and learn from our mistakes.”

The players and supporters are optimistic for the outcome of the rest of the season.

Sophomore Charlotte Hastings said, “Over the season at tournaments, team dinners and games, the team has been bonding and this has shown through our play on the court.”

As the season has started to pick up the girls have started to work well together and function as a unit.

This past week the team played Santa Barbara High School, and Ventura High School. In the end of both games they came up short, but played exceptionally well and left it all out there. In the rivalry game against Santa Barbara High School they lost in five hard played sets. The first, and second set the team lost but y would go on to win the third, and fourth sets. Unfortunately San Marcos lost in the fifth set.

Against Ventura High School they would lose the first, and second and forth dropping the game. The Royals still fought with all their might earning them a point yet in the third set.

Both teams were tough competition for the Royals and worked well as a team along with having individually strong players. With that in mind a majority of our varsity Royals are young, and will continue to develop, and grow as a team throughout the next couple of seasons. Along with our young players our varsity veterans have brought the fire, and intensity everytime they have taken the court. Hopefully leading their team to more success throughout the rest of the season, they have a bright future ahead and are ready to bring roar into Royals.