San Marcos Signing Day!

SM King’s Page
five San Marcos Athletes signing to play their sport at the college level

Today, November 8, 2023 marks the first day certain student-athletes are open to sign their letter of intent for the next level this school year. College Signing Day is a huge goal that many student-athletes all around the country wish to participate in and experience. Today, we Celebrate the first five Royals as they signed their National Letter of Intent earlier this afternoon. The opening ceremony started at 1:00 p.m. with family and friends in attendance. After Athletic Director Aaron Solis gave a short summary about signing day, he gave the mic to the student-athletes who were ready to sign.

“It’s been a lifelong journey of mine to play for the University of Oregon, and to have it signed officially today is an amazing feeling,” said Shams Jahangir-Arshad after he signed to play Division 1 golf at the collegiate level.

The five Royals consisted of:

Kiala Haas signed to Portland State for Track and Field

Makenna Stretz signed to Stanford University for Girls Water Polo

Tiana Monaghan signed to Chapman University for Softball

Caitlyn Early signed to University of Notre Dame for Softball

Shams Jahangir-Arshad signed to University of Oregon for Boys Golf

“It took a lot of time and effort and it’s finally paying off,” said Captian Caitlyn Early, after she declared to play softball at the University of Notre Dame.

Congrats to these five outstanding Royals as we wish you all the best while you all take your first step to the next level in each respective sport. San Marcos will hold another signing day ceremony in late May for other sports at the end of the school year.