Love Bites: Valentine’s Day Dining Delights

Noelle Cabrera
Heart shaped pepperoni slices decorate a heart shaped pizza. Gather your friends for some fun Valentine’s Day cooking.

Whether you have a date or not this Valentines Day, it’s important for you to take yourself or a loved one out for food to celebrate the love in the air. Valentine’s Day themed food has become more and more popular throughout the years. So many restaurants and shops have special items that they are serving on Valentine’s Day. If you’re looking for some inspiration as to where to go for Valentine’s Day, you have found the right place! 

If you want a fast, easy, and affordable meal to pick up and enjoy on Valentines Day, Chick-fil-A and Rusty’s Pizza Parlor have special Valentines Day drops. Chick-fil-a will be serving heart shaped trays featuring their nuggets, brownies, cookies for lunch and dinner and chick-n minis for breakfast. Rusty’s will sell their annual heart shaped pizzas where customers can customize their 2 topping pizza. 

If you’re more of a heart-full romantic seeking a casual restaurant to take your date or yourself out for Valentines Day, there’s so many options in Santa Barbara. California Pizza Kitchen will be offering a “Sweet Deal for Two.” This offer includes one appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert. If this sounds like an ideal date, you’re able to order this special Valentines Day promotion from February 9th to February 14th. 

“This year my friends and I are going to eat at California Pizza Kitchen for Valentines Day,” said San Marcos sophomore Alondra Rubio.

For the lovers interested in a more fancier take on Valentines Day, Santa Barbara has countless Valentine’s Day restaurant options. Via Maestro will be serving their specialty ravioli with five cheese sauce and vodka sauce. They will also be serving a secret dessert that they have not yet released for Valentine’s Day. Although Chase Restaurant and Bar will not be serving a specialty Valentines Day dinner, they do however have set up Valentines decorations. This is perfect for those interested in the dynamic and atmosphere of a Valentine’s Day themed restaurant.

Valentine’s Day does not require a lot of spending and outside activities. Spreading love and showing your affection can be made possible at home. Valentine’s Day is  just as exciting and romantic at home. Making heart shaped pizzas from prepared pizza dough or homemade pizza dough with customizable toppings (perhaps heart shaped pepperoni) is another ideal Valentines Day dinner idea. Trader Joe’s has heart shaped pasta available at their stores for customers to pick up. Pick your favorite pasta sauce and make pasta if you’re a pasta lover. Make homemade heart shaped garlic bread and cut out butter in the shape of a heart if you are feeling extra festive. If you’re having dinner with a special someone, making the actual pizza and pasta is just as fun and eating it, for it’s a great way to bond and make connections.

Valentine’s Day is the one day out of the year to treat yourself (and your special someone) to delicious and dedicant food to enjoy. Santa Barbara is the perfect place to host or find a place to indulge food for your Valentine’s Day special dinners.