What Says Valentine’s More Than Chocolate?

Something about Valentine’s Day just screams chocolate and sweets. And what would Valentine’s Day be without all sorts of chocolate baked goods? These two fancy looking desserts, that are actually super easy, will be sure to impress your crush. These recipes are also allergen friendly! 

“I don’t feel any different about desserts in general,” said Kyah Johnson, a sophomore who is gluten free. 

People who have allergies want to eat dessert too and often the easiest way to eat allergen friendly desserts are to make them at home so here are two allergen friendly desserts to satisfy your chocolate cravings.

Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue

If you’ve ever wanted to make chocolate covered strawberries but have been too impatient to wait for the chocolate to set, this recipe is for you. Now, you can have your strawberries and eat them too! Chocolate fondue is the perfect rich melted chocolate that you’ve been waiting for. And the best part is that it’s dairy and gluten free and can be made in the microwave.

Chocolate fondue has an easy dairy free alternative. Once it is made, simply dip some strawberries and enjoy! (Keira Perkin)

Ingredients

9 oz Chocolate

⅓ cup canned full fat coconut milk

⅓ cup almond milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Time: 5 minutes

Directions

Place the chocolate and the milks into a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and melted. Adjust consistency with more liquid if needed. Add the vanilla and stir to incorporate. Finally, enjoy by dipping fruits, marshmallows, pretzels or anything you love covered in chocolate and eating right away.

Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake

Nothing says love more than a cheesy pun in chocolate dessert form. You’ll be able to say “I lava you” with this super easy and quick chocolate lava cake that is gluten free to be allergen friendly but also easily made with regular flour.

Ingredients

Chocolate lava cake rich in flavor. These are a great for Valentine’s Day, especially when made gluten free. (Keira Perkin)

6 oz semi sweet chocolate (higher quality for more lava and preferably a bar)

½ cup butter

3 tablespoons (30g) gluten free measure for measure flour or regular flour

½ cup powdered sugar

¼ teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

2 large egg yolks

Time: 30 minutes

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 F. Spray four 6 oz ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder to ensure that cakes come out of the pan easily after baking.

Coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a medium microwave safe bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth.

Add the flour, powdered sugar and salt to the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.

In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and egg yolks until smooth. Pour the eggs into the chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. The batter will be slightly thick.

Spoon chocolate batter into each prepared ramekin. Smooth the tops. Place ramekins onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the sides appear solid and firm; the tops will still look soft.

Allow the cakes to cool for one minute, then turn over onto a plate. The cakes should easily come out of the ramekins. Serve immediately with desired toppings (raspberries, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, etc.) Enjoy!

I hope you enjoyed these recipes and that your Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day is just as sweet as these recipes! Check out more allergen conscious recipes at meaningfuleats.com where all these recipes were found.