What to Watch for the 14th?

Now that Valentine’s Day is upon us, some couples, or maybe some loners, might enjoy watching romantic comedy movies. However, some new couples who have never indulged in that genre of movies might wonder what to watch. Asking around the school, Junior Miles Dentinger said that his favorite rom-com to watch with his girlfriend is Palm Springs. Starring Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti, Palm Springs is about a few people getting stuck in a time loop leading to a love-hate relationship between the main couple. 

Cover of Hulu’s Original Film Palm Springs (Cole Heckman)

This movie is, however, rated-R so Miles and his girlfriend did have to watch it with a legal guardian. 

“It was fun watching this with a couple of my buddies and my girlfriend, the movie was more funny than romantic but that’s not a bad thing,” said Miles. 

For those of you who want to watch a more comedic movie but also have some romanticism in the mix, Palm Springs is a must watch. 

Another student, Kyle Shaffer, said that his favorite rom-com is The Adam Project, starring Ryan Reynolds and Zoe Saldana. In this movie, the older version of Reynold’s character finds himself back in time meeting his younger self trying to find his lost lover. The Adam Project has a Sci-Fi feel to it and is a thrilling movie to watch. Shaffer said, “The movie was very fun to watch and I enjoyed snuggling on the couch with my girlfriend.” 

Even if you do not have a special someone to watch any of these movies with, you can watch them with your friends or family or you can enjoy them on your own! Whether you watch one of these movies or not, have a great Valentine’s Day!