Fehr Shines in Loss to Simi Valley

SM Lacrosse Instagram

The San Marcos Boys Lacrosse team lost this past Wednesday in a tough 3-13 game against the undefeated Simi Valley team. Despite the fact that multiple starting players were out due to injuries, the Royals opened up the game with a great goal by San Marcos junior Preston Fehr. 

However, struggles in transition kept the ball on the wrong side of the field for our Royals, resulting in multiple Simi Valley turnover goals. Fehr kept the game close for a while, adding in two more goals of his own. In the end, the losses in transition were too much, and Simi Valley pulled away with a 3-13 win. 

Although some team members were frustrated, Fehr had some positive things to say. 

“A lot of our team is new to the sport, so they’re playing really well for the amount of time they’ve been playing,” he said. 

This is a reference to the many first year players on the lacrosse team who are stepping in for the injured returners, such as junior Owen Kivitis, who recently returned from a calf injury.

After the loss, the Royals now drop to 0-3 overall, set to play their first Channel League game on Tuesday, March 19, against Thacher. They will also be playing later today against Newbury Park, at home.