Girls Beach Volleyball Defeats Santa Barbara High

Yesterday, our San Marcos Girls Beach Volleyball team took on the Santa Barbara Dons in a rival match at West Beach. Five out of the six seeds that played for San Marcos won yesterday. The Royals came out with lots of energy, staying focused in each match and playing strategically within their pairs. 

The number 5 seed for San Marcos, including sophomore’s Gracie Stone and Avery Leck, took a clean sweep against their competitors, bringing intensity and strategic planning to their game play. They maintained consistency in their shots and swings, and were able to read the opposing teams hits, pulling out some amazing digs and ups on the sand court. 

The number 3 seed for San Marcos, sophomore’s Alina Stapf and Evyn Miller, stayed consistent throughout the match, playing aggressively and communicating with each other in order to take the win from the Dons. When asked about the win, sophomore Alina Stapf said, “It was a really good match, and Evyn and I had great energy and consistent serves that gave us an advantage over Santa Barbara,” about the match against the dons yesterday. They achieved really good communication about the opposing teams attacks, which gave them lots of opportunity to put the ball away. 

In the number 1 seed match, San Marcos junior Josephine Gamberdella and sophomore Cora Loomer stayed aggressive through the whole match. Loomer made great plays at the net, putting up a consistent block at the net, and Gamberdella was all over the court on defense, making the opposing team frustrated as they could not put the ball away. 

The San Marcos Girls Beach Volleyball are undefeated so far, and are looking forward to a competitive and successful season throughout league and CIF.