Once Upon A Pop Show

@choirsmhs Instagram

On April 12 San Marcos choir department is putting on their yearly Pop Song Marathon. This year the theme is ‘Fantasy,’ which is the inspiration for the name of the show this year, “Once Upon a Pop.”

The show will feature many pop songs including songs from Into the Woods, Wicked, Wonka, Barbie, and La-La Land, as well as songs from many other productions.  

The show starts with all three San Marcos choirs (Madrials, Royal Knights, and Enchanté) singing a pop song and will then perform a senior piece which will be followed by solo pieces performed by students from the three choirs.

“I’m super excited about how the show turned out since we all put a lot of work into it,” said senior Maya Coltrin.

“Once Upon a Pop” starts at 7:00pm on Friday, but before the show there will be a silent auction where you can bid on a variety of different prizes. (The money that is raised at the auction will go to the choir department.)

Tickets for students are five dollars and general admission tickets are 12 dollars. 

Make sure to come out and support our choir, Royals!