Attention cookie lovers! Do you like peanut butter? Or have not had peanut butter but are willing to eat it in a cookie? Well, I got the perfect cookie recipe for you. We are going to be making some soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. This recipe will make 3 dozen cookies (36 cookies) which seems like a lot, but once you taste them, they will be gone in a flash. So, let us get on with the recipe!
Here are some tips:
- DO NOT UNDER BAKE: Never, never under bake a cookie because then it is basically raw. If you want a really chewy texture on your cookie then bake them for at least 12-13 minutes but other than that just pop the cookies into the oven and put a timer for 12 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE: When you over bake cookies, they get this hard crispy texture that you do not really want in a cookie. Usually cookies should be soft and chewy in the middle but also a bit crispy on the outside. So make sure to keep a close eye on your cookies!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cooking Time: 12 minutes||Total Time: 27 minutes|
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup of creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until a fluffy consistency.
- Scrape the bowl and then add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Make sure it is fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, pour the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until it is fully combined.
- Scoop or roll out the dough into balls and put the dough two inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies puff up and the edges set.
- Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy!
Now that you made these delicious cookies, you can now make them for your friends or family. I added a chocolate KISSES in the middle to mix it up, but you can also mix in some chocolate chips in the dough if you are feeling that craving for chocolate. This recipe is from the Broma Bakery website. I hope you enjoyed this recipe!