Fall is the ultimate time to bake a delicious treat. As it is getting colder, people want the smell of fresh cookies wafting through the house. But it’s almost halloween so lets put a spooky twist on it with these delicious Spider Cookies:
2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
2 Sticks of Butter
¾ Cups Packed Brown Sugar
¾ Cups Granulated White Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
½ Cup Chocolate Chips (for melting)
24 Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line and grease two baking sheets and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda and salt and set aside for later.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl or an electric mixer, beat together the softened butter, granulated sugar and packed brown sugar until fully combined. Then add in the egg and the vanilla extract, once combined slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once your dough has been formed gently fold in the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips
- Roll the dough into 1 ½ inch balls and place on the baking sheets, bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, remove from the oven and immediately place one peanut butter cup upside down in the center of each cookie
- They will look partly underbaked but let them finish cooking on the sheet and then let it completely cool
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt the remaining chocolate chips
- When the cookies are completely cooled pipe four line on each side of the cookie to make eight spider legs
- Plate and serve the cookies they are ready to enjoy.
They are the perfect delicious treat for any occasion. Super easy to make and will be the star of the show. Senior Bekah Sugano said, “They are actually the best cookies I’ve ever had in my entire life,” and Senior Jilly Yeager stated, “these cookies were 100% better than crumble.”