Freshman Spotlight

Freshman+Spotlight

For October’s “freshman spotlight” I interviewed Keoni Young, a freshman coming to San Marcos from La Colina.

Keoni poses with his pet snake. Photo courtesy of Keoni Young.

How old are you? I am 14 years old. 

What are your classes? I have first period Math 1, second period English Ethnic Studies and Spanish 3. 

What is your favorite class? My favorite class so far has been English. 

What is your most difficult class? The most difficult class for me is my math class. 

Are you playing any sports on campus or in theater, band, chorus…etc.? Yes! I am going to be playing volleyball this year.

What time do you wake up for your first period zoom? I get up around 8:45 to go to my zoom classes.

What do you do after school? I usually have homework and soccer practice and I sometimes will skate and surf. 

What are you most excited about highschool? I am excited for volleyball practice.

Do you have siblings? I have a younger brother. 

What is your favorite part about San Marcos? My favorite part about San Marcos so far is that I have a lot of friends in all my classes.

Are you planning to be something for halloween this year, if so what? This year I am going to celebrate Halloween at a friends house. 

What is different about Junior High and high school so far? I have not been able to tell because we have been on zoom. 

What is most sad about missing out on school because of Corona? I feel most sad about not being able to see my friends. 

How did you spend your summer?

I spent my summer surfing, skating, playing soccer and hanging out with friends.

Have you made new friends through zoom breakout rooms? 

I have not made any new friends because I already know most of the people who are in my classes. 

Do you have any upperclassmen friends who have been helpful? I do not have any upperclassmen friends.