Where to Buy Your Tree

Parker Morgan

Christmas time is coming up, so you will need a place to hang up all of your lights and ornaments this year. There are plenty of places in Santa Barbara and Goleta that are selling trees this holiday season. Between the different businesses and organizations, there is a large selection of tree sizes and varieties. Here are four different places where you could get your tree this year.

One great place to get a Christmas tree is at 7-day nursery on State Street. They have a wide selection of trees and have a great range of sizes as well. The prices range from $48-about $290, their hours are from 9am-6pm daily. 

Along with this, Boy Scout Troop 37 is doing a Christmas tree fundraiser in the parking lot of CVS in the Calle Real Shopping Center in Goleta. Buying a tree from them will help raise money so they can go to summer camp and do other troop activities next year. They sell Douglas and Noble Fir trees. Their hours are 9am-9pm Sunday and Saturday, and 4pm-8pm Monday-Friday. 

Lane Farms in Goleta has Noble Fir, Douglas Fir, and Nordman trees for sale until December 17, and they are open from 10am-8pm daily. 

Big Wave Dave’s by Macy’s has Douglas Fir, Noble Fir, Fraser Fir, Grand Fir, Nordman Fir, and Natural Silver tip with prices ranging from $25-$150 depending on tree kind and size. They are open from 10am-9pm daily.

“I love picking my Christmas tree out and decorating it with my family,” said freshman Stori Satterfield.

Christmas trees are a fun way to add to Christmas decor. Decorating trees is a great way to spend time with loved ones. Part of the fun of decorating them is that they can look however you want them to. You can fill them with colorful lights and ornaments, you can go for a color scheme, or anything you like. There are so many places to get them and so much variety, so hopefully it is easy to find a tree fit for your family.