Featuring SM Support

Outside of this season of giving, there are three main organizations at San Marcos that work all-year-round to better our school. Whether it be through campus beautification, appreciating staff, and funding student programs, we have many hardworking volunteers to be thankful for. All of these organizations in question are volunteer based and led by student families. And so during this time of year, we at the King’s Page wanted to take the opportunity to point the spotlight to the PTSA, the Royal Pride Foundation, and the Athletic Booster Club! 

The PTSA, Parent Teacher Student Association, is a volunteer organization that helps to serve the needs of all of San Marcos, student and faculty alike. Their goal is to provide opportunities for parents and others interested to provide support and appreciation to faculty and staff. Whether it be serving breakfast every month for staff meetings, hosting staff luncheons, and filling volunteer positions, the PTSA is busy all year long. The PTSA also sponsors events and programs like school dances, National Honors Society, practice ACT and SAT tests, and most recently was able to fill the wants of several teachers and programs at school through the annual Teacher Wish Lists all in order for both staff and students to be the most successful they can be. 

“I’d like the San Marcos community to know that the PTSA is for everyone and we are all volunteers,” said Jenny Deakyne, president of the PTSA. 

Parents, teachers, and students can purchase a membership or donate via the San Marcos website under Parent Organizations. 

The Royal Pride Foundation is a non-profit organization that was established exclusively to provide additional support funding into all aspects of San Marcos. Their goal is to support all students through grants for teacher and staff requests and campus beautification. 

Baylie Bingham

“We are here to help provide an exceptional learning environment for all San Marcos students in a school where students and staff feel supported and inspired to reach their highest potential,” said Karen Callanan, the head of the Royal Pride Foundation. 

So far this year, the Royal Pride Foundation has completed their Fall Grant Cycle where they ask all teachers and staff to complete a grant request over a course of two weeks to be presented to the Board of Directors and possibly voted on. This year almost 30k was granted to Spanish heritage books, the college and career center, AVID college trips, and much more. For the foundation to continue to exist you can currently donate through their Annual Appeal Campaign and the Royal Benefit planned to be held on May 3, 2024. The Royal Pride Foundation wants all of the San Marcos Community to know that they are here for you!

The San Marcos High School Athletic Booster Club is a volunteer, non-profit organization that helps support our school’s athletic programs. 

“We really believe that sports and athletic participation is crucial for high school students. It’s a healthy way to learn teamwork, responsibility, and prepares them for college and beyond,” said Koralyn Sandoval who currently serves as the head of the Boosters. 

They currently support 27 CIF athletic programs, consisting of 62 individual teams, and their yearly goal is to support the athletic department with necessary expenses including transportation, official fees, training programs, and anything else that district funds do not cover. This year, thanks to a major fundraising effort and a large group of generous donors, the Boosters were able to help fund two new transit vans for our teams! For the Boosters to continue their support of San Marcos Athletics, though most funding comes directly from Royal athlete families, any non-students can also purchase Booster Activity cards which allow entry into all home games for the school year. Go Royals!

If you ever wondered how San Marcos was able to be the wonderful place it is today, it is with much thanks to these three organizations. To get involved, remind your families to check ParentSquare to stay up to date with fundraisers, meetings, and more. 

Our principal, Mr. Holdren would also like to give his thanks, “I can not imagine running a comprehensive high school of almost 2000 students without organizations such as the RPF, PTSA, and Athletic Boosters. I am beyond appreciative of the work of the parents and community members who dedicate their time and energy to making life better for our students and staff. From staff lunches to funding innovative class experiences, athletic transportation to being able to buy a card and some flowers for a teacher going through tough times, the resources these organizations provide are absolutely imperative.” 

So thank you again to the PTSA, the Royal Pride Foundation, and the Athletic Booster Club, for not only your support of the King’s Page but for all that you do!