Find Your Purr-fect Pet Match!

During the pandemic, animal shelters across the country saw record high adoptions. It is estimated that 1 in 5 households adopted a pet during this time. Adoptions have slowed in the time since, causing animal shelter to become filled, sometimes over-filled. Local pet shelters at the Humane Society (Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter, K-9 Pals, ASAP Cats) have been experiencing an overflow of pets and little adoptions as well. In honor of Valentine’s Day, continue reading to learn more about local adoptable pets, and to find your perfect pet match! You can adopt these pets to help the shelters with the crisis. Look at the centerfold on page 12 to find out which type of pet would be the best for for you.

Adoptable Rabbits at Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter!

MacDaddy is a gentle and curious rabbit at the BUNS shelter. He is an adult male of a medium size, who is house trained, vaccinated and neutered. He is mostly white with brown spots. 
Latte is a gentle and quiet young male rabbit. He is of larger size with a short, velvety coat. He is an English hop and Rex mix. He is house trained, vaccinated and neutered. 
London is a medium sized Californian and Angora mix. He is an adult male who is gentle and curious. He is house trained, vaccinated and neutered. He has a white coat with a brown nose and brown ears.

Adoptable Guinea Pigs at Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter!

Mr. Fuzz is a large Abyssinian adult male guinea pig. He is very sweet and cuddly. His coat coloring is a mix of tan and white. 
Mr. Sushi is a short-haired male guinea pig of medium size. He is sweet and slightly shy. His coat coloring is tan, brown, and white.
Emmett is an adult male short-haired guinea pig. He is calm, curious and sweet. He has a tan and white coat. 

Adoptable Cats at ASAP Cats!

Minky is an adult female tortoiseshell cat. She is very social and playful, and loves to run. She has been at the shelter for eight months. 
Zephyr and Gale are brothers who are adoptable as a pair. They are both gray in color and around a year old. They have been at the shelter for 9 months. Pictured above is Zephyr.
Sumo is a very friendly male cat who is around two years old. He came into the shelter after being in a fight with another cat, which led to a leg injury. He is now recovering, and has been at the shelter for about a month.

Adoptable Dogs at K-9 Pals!

Snow is a two year old spayed female white German shepherd. She is 68 pounds and is super sweet and social. 
 Frosty is a 13 month old neutered male pitbull. He is 70 pounds and has a tan and harlequin coat. He has been at the shelter since January, and is described as being a nice dog. 
Kai is a three year old neutered male Siberian husky. He is white and brown, 61 pounds, and is described as being a nice dog. He has been at the shelter since November 2022.

If you are interested in adopting or visiting any of these pets, you can see them at the Santa Barbara Humane Society at 5399 Overpass Rd. You can also visit the Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter website, the ASAP Cats website, or the K-9 Pals website to view more adoptable pets.