Club Rush 2023

SM Yearbook

Today, the quad was filled displaying the many clubs that this school has to offer. From Ethnic Studies Club to Fashion Club to Guitar Club, San Marcos has a wide range of clubs to choose from.

Club Rush was held during lunch and clubs advertised themselves for new members to join. Meetings dates for each club vary, but it is only an at least once a month commitment at lunch. 

This year at San Marcos High School, there were over 30 clubs waiting to recruit members. There are new clubs, such as Chess Club and Red Cross Club, along with the returning clubs like Sustainable Future Club and Hiking Club. With so many clubs this year, new and old, students at San Marcos are bound to at least find one club that peaks their interest.

“It’s exciting to see students pursue new interests by joining different clubs,” said Mr. Hiracheta.

There are multiple things to look forward to at Club Rush. You have fun being able to do things that you love, and while doing it, you get to make new friends. You and your friends can all join a club together and make it the best of both worlds. You can also sign up for clubs and try them out; if they do not peak your interest like you thought they would, that is okay, there are always other clubs that will. Or next year, you could make your own!

In case you missed it, you can still ask around to join the club of your choosing! The San Marcos website will also have the official club list in case there’s a club you want to partake in this year. Next year, make sure to come out to the quad area at lunch and take part in Club Rush