NBA Season

New super teams, new rookies, and new rules are just some of the things to get excited about for this upcoming NBA season. The NBA preseason is underway while we are just weeks away from opening night.

Some things to look for on the court are new faces. Including number one overall pick, Victor Wembanyama out of France. Wembanyama is the Spurs first #1 overall pick since they drafted Hall of famer center Tim Duncan in 1997.  Other rookies to key in on are twin brothers Amen, and Ausar Thompson out of Overtime Elite, who are looking to play with young exciting teams like the Pistons, and the Houston Rockets.  Both teams recently made a change to their coaching staff filling in the head coaches void. Rookie Scoot Henderson, a generational guard out of the G League looks to fill big shoes following the trade that sent The Trail Blazers superstar point guard Damian Lilard to the Bucks, last month in a three team trade that involved Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, and a handful of picks to Portland. While Jusuf Nurkic, Grayson Allen, Nasir Little and Keon Johnson head to Phoenix.

“I think scoot Henderson will be the best rookie because the blazers gave up dame to let him flourish in their system and they’re getting pieces to put around him.” San Marcos Junior Brett Hollowell said, “they’re building a team around him.”

Milwaukee is just one of the teams that upgraded drastically this offseason. The Suns Acquired guard Bradley Beal to pair with Kevin Durant, and Devin Booker in their attempt at a big three to get back on top of the Western Conference.

“The sun will win it all. They have Grayson Allen who is a future all star that has chemistry with Devin Booker and also Bradley Beal fits them so well.” Said freshman Isaac Murillo.

Another team that has championship hopes are the Golden State Warriors. The Dubs ended their season in six games last year to the Lakers in just the second round. “The Warriors are winning the championship for sure.” Said Junior Quinn Donnell.

Although they got smaller this offseason they picked up a handful of more experienced players. The franchise also made a change in the front office after GM Bob Meyers announced he was stepping down from the team in late may. His replacement Mike Dunleavy Jr made a splash this offseason when Golden State  traded away young streaky point guard Jordan Poole in July of this summer, in exchange for a much older, and more experienced guard in Chris Paul.

“Chris Paul is a good facilitator on the court. I think him and Draymond will make it even easier for Steph and Klay to get more open to shoot.” Said Donnell

The dynamic of Chris Paul teaming up with Steph Curry, and Draymond Green will definitely take time to get used to as a basketball fan. After years of rivalry they will now be in the same uniform with the same goal together. The NBAs 78th season is around the corner. Opening night will consist of a doubleheader on October 24th as the defending champs will host the Los Angeles Lakers in a western conference finals rematch of last year. The second game will be Phonix taking on Golden State while both teams look to show off their new and improved rosters.