Cross Country

These past couple of weeks, the cross country team has gotten off to a solid start with their season. In their first league meet at Arroyo Verde park in Ventura the team did very well and started the season off well. The girls varsity team got third place in the overall league race, while the boys varsity team got fourth place in the overall race. This means that together with their record both girls varsity, and boys varsity qualify for CIF. In the girls varsity race, senior Kiala Haas finished third overall. 

At the Raider invitational in Oxnard the varsity girls team got second place overall in the race, and the boys varsity team got fourth place overall, the boys team finish was led by junior Ben Callanan who ran well in this meet. In this race there was a surplus of personal records and a majority of the boys, and girls team overall achieved personal records. Kiala Haas had a phenomenal day at this meet, and finished with a time of 18.03 for the 3 mile race, she ran at a pace of 6:01 per mile. With this record breaking time, Haas won first place at the Raider invitational.

In this race Haas said, “The season has been going great so far in and out of races and our hard work in training at practice has pushed us to our success.” She also said, “In the DP meet our girls team won overall and I won the individual race for the 12th grade girls.”  

With the good start to the season the cross country team will continue to work hard, and keep fighting to make their way to the CIF state championship. The team is going across town to Dos Pueblos High School this Saturday to compete in the Dos Pueblos invitational. wish them luck as they run for records, and come support while they take on cross town rivals, and tough competition from across the county.