Fall Skincare

Fall+Skincare

The start of fall is on the horizon. Though the days are still hot and the September heatwaves are still upon us, soon we will be in one of the most comforting seasons of the year.  Halloween, autumn leaves, cooler weather, and cozy sweaters. Pumpkin spice and everything nice, here is my take on fall skin care advice. 

Having healthy skin leads you to have a healthy life, and be more confident in who you are. This especially goes for the fall season. School is back in session, homework is piling up, and we are all probably feeling pretty stressed. What better way to eliminate some of that stress than taking care of your skin? 

Personally, I have a skincare routine that I perform every night. I truly feel that taking care of my skin every night helps me to feel calm before going to bed, as well as making me feel refreshed both mentally and physically

“Skincare is good for my mental health and well-being in general because I like having a routine, and it makes me feel better about myself to have clear skin”, Said Cassidy Quinn, a senior here at SM.

In addition to caring for your skin as much as possible, It is highly encouraged to only use vegan, cruelty-free, and clean skincare products. As someone who loves all animals dearly, I would never want to use a product that hurts animals when it is made. Using products that do not perform cruel, unnecessary tests on innocent animals is so much better.

“I think people should use cruelty free products, it makes me feel good when I use mine. I feel better about the brands and products I use when they’re cruelty free, because they’re not being made in a harmful environment”, said junior Olivia Barrios, who always has very clear, healthy skin and uses high-quality skincare products.

Though many people might think that it is difficult to find cruelty-free products, many amazing brands don’t test on animals. Florence by Mills, Burt’s Bees, and True Botanicals are some of my favorite brands. My favorite types of skincare products are Moisturizers. I use the Florence By Mills Dreamy Dew moisturizer, The Burt’s Bees calming lotion moisturizer, and the Chebula Active Serum from True Botanicals.  All three of these items help my skin to feel very soothed as well as refreshed. Most of these specific products and many more can be found at Ulta Beauty or Sephora. 

Overall, taking care of your skin is an important part of taking care of yourself. If you make skincare a bigger part of your everyday life, you will become happier and have a healthy lifestyle. So, this fall, make it a goal to make your skin glow!