The King’s Page Class of 2024

Positions: Editor-in-Chief, Feature Editor, News Editor, Lifestyle Editor, Staff Writer
Years: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Noelle Cabrera has been on The King’s Page every year since she was a freshman. She has served as editor for multiple sections and has been Editor-in-Chief for two consecutive years.
She has written and edited countless articles and even had an op-ed published in The Independent.
During her time at San Marcos, she took the journalism class a total of six times, spent hundreds of hours working with and fostering animals, became biliterate in latin, was President of the Ethnic Studies Club, a founding member of the Cops Off Campus Youth Coalition, and a board member on the South County Youth Making Change Board. Next year, she plans to attend Northwestern University to study journalism at the Medill School of Journalism.
“The King’s Page has been my favorite part of my time at San Marcos. I have made so many invaluable memories and friends and will miss I-7 so much next year.
The class has helped me improve my writing, leadership, and communication skills, and I am so excited to continue my journey as a journalism student in college.” (Prestige)

Positions: Editor-in-Chief, News Editor, Feature Editor
Years: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Evelina Erickson has been involved with The King’s Page since spring of her freshman year on Zoom. After one year as Feature Editor, she became the News Editor for her remaining three years on the King’s Page. In her junior year, she was promoted to the Editor-in-Chief position while she has also maintained her role as News Editor. She also has assisted in the business aspect of journalism such as marketing and financials. Outside of journalism, Evelina spent four years playing Varsity Golf where her team became Channel League Champions in her senior year and she has completed the San Marcos Entrepreneurship Academy courses. In the fall, she plans to attend UC Berkeley as an English major to pursue writing.
“Joining the King’s Page was one of the best decisions, if not the best decision, I made in my high school career. From the friends I’ve made throughout the time on the paper to learning how to improve my writing, the connections and education I’ve gotten from journalism has influenced my love for writing even more. And enriched my life.” (Prestige)

Positions: Editor-in-Chief, Sports Editor, Lifestyle Editor, Staff Writer
Years: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Olivia Marceda has been a part of The King’s Page since the fall of her freshman year. She has taken the class six times and loved every minute spent in I-7. As a part of The King’s Page, she has been a staff writer, Lifestyle Editor, Sports Editor, and Editor-in-Chief. Outside of journalism she was the Entrepreneurship Club President, Fashion Club President, and involved in the National Honors Society. She helped develop the new King’s Page website, managed spending, ran the Instagram page, and designed layouts. Planned trips for the class and helped raise money for the program, going to speak at alumni events and representing King’s Page at the Royal Pride Foundation. One of her favorite memories from being a part of the King’s Page was when the editors went on their trip to the National Journalism Conference in San Francisco where she learned about her journalistic rights, and explained her writing skills while also creating lasting connections with her classmates. Based on her experiences at the King’s Page, Liv is attending Fairfield University next year and majoring in Journalism.
“King’s Page launched my professional career, providing industry skills that helped me land journalism jobs as a high school student. King’s Page was one of the highlights of my high school experience and the memories I’ve made will last a lifetime.”

Positions: Editor-in-Chief, A&E Editor, Feature Editor, Staff Writer
Years: 2020, 2021, 2022
Olivia Miller played an active role in The King’s Page from freshman year to her junior year taking on many leadership positions. In addition to King’s Page, Olivia has been involved in theater every year since freshman year, Enchanté and A Capella for two years as well as the Writers Society which she has been co-president of for the past two years. She plans on attending SBCC to study screenwriting and play soccer. Olivia has an abundance of plans for her future including, but not limited to, a screenwriter, screen actor, a director, a cinematographer, an archeologist, a songwriter, a professional cowboy, and last but not least, a burlesque dancer.
“The King’s Page taught me a language of high school and the world beyond. Journalism is found everywhere in life, you just have to be fluent in the art of listening. The King’s Page taught me to listen. I think journalism teaches you how to ask good questions and be observant.”

Positions: Sports Editor, Staff Writer
Years: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Shams Jahangir-Arshad served on The King’s Page for three years of his high school career, starting as a staff writer and advancing in the ranks to be the sports editor. While at San Marcos, he was an avid golfer and will continue this passion as he attends the University of Oregon next year. There, he will be majoring in business with hopes of maintaining a career within the golf industry, dreaming of going pro.
“I really enjoyed my three years on the King’s Page and I learned a lot about editing and writing as well as made a lot of friends. I am looking forward to what is next but will always remember my time here.”

Positions: A&E Editor, Staff Writer
Years: 2022, 2023, 2024
Roman Trovato has been on The King’s Page since the first semester of his junior year. He was previously runner for track and field and cross country for the first three years of high school. Always having been passionate about his writing, Roman joined journalism in hopes of improving his writing and seeking a wider audience for his writing. Since he joined, Roman entered and attended the School of the New York Times’ summer program to further improve his reporting skills of which he is certain he will utilize in a future career. Roman will be attending Cal Berkeley.
“Journalism has by far been my favorite class I have ever taken as San Marcos. I loved being able to choose what I want to write and working with my awesome team(s) of likeminded and dedicated editors.”

Positions: Graphics Editor
Years: 2022, 2023, 2024
Jordan Kowalewski has been on The King’s Page almost every semester since 2022 and was the graphics editor. While you may have yet to see her name below articles, Jordan created many beautiful centerfolds. She worked on graphics for the art program in addition to Kings Page. Jordan was the graphics editor and was involved with many sports on campus, including Track and Field, Cross Country, and Flag Football. Jordan plans to go to the University of Oregon and major in advertising.
“I really enjoyed working with my friends and the staff to come up with the center folds and title cards and being creative and having fun with it.”

Positions: Spanish Editor, Business Manager, Staff Writer
Years: 2023, 2024
Viviana Galindo has been on The King’s Page for two years as a staff writer who then transitioned to become Spanish Editor and Business Manager. During her time at San Marcos, she has been President of Ethnic Studies Club and an activist. She is a proud first generation college student who will be attending Loyola Marymount University and majoring in business management.
“My time at the Kings Page has gone by so fast that I can’t believe it’s over. I hope to be able to continue to be actively involved in the future like I was able to during my time on The King’s Page.”

Positions: Copy Editor, Guest Writer
Years: 2023, 2024
Avital Abramov was a guest writer for The King’s Page her sophomore and junior year until joining the class officially for her senior year when she became a Copy Editor. She will be attending UCLA and will be majoring in political science with goals of attending law school.
“My favorite part about the King’s Page is how the class allows you to have really cool and fun experiences with your friends while also learning more about important events.”

Positions: Copy Editor, Staff Writer
Years: 2022, 2023
Maisha Taseen joined The King’s Page in her junior year and became Copy Editor during her senior year of high school. She especially liked writing for Opinion and A&E. She plans to attend Santa Barbara City College as a Psychology major. Her dream is to become a lawyer and have her own home library.
“The King’s Page really let me explore my love for writing and I loved writing articles for so many different opinions and for topics I was passionate about.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2023
Logan Stevenson was a staff writer on The King’s Page as a junior and enjoyed writing sports articles. Next year, he plans to attend Lewis and Clark College to play baseball
“I enjoyed writing articles that were in the newspaper for people to read, it was a good way to be involved.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2023
Katie Kracke wrote for The King’s Page her junior year. Katie is excited to go to Duke University next year, and is looking to major in public policy/Econ.
“I liked being in King’s Page because it allowed me to write creatively in a school setting, which not many of my classes allowed me to do.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2022
Kevin Moseby was on The King’s Page as a sophomore Kevin will be attending Santa Barbara City College in the fall and his dream is to become a sports analyst.
“I really enjoyed Kings Page, it let me get to meet kids at San Marcos from all different grades and gave me the opportunity to write about all of the sports that I love.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2022
Jeffery Forster was a part of The King’s Page as a junior and enjoyed writing for the sports section. He will be attending Trinity University to play golf and majoring in business.
“I really enjoyed the class and the community and I wish I took journalism all four years in high school.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2024
Sophia Torrey joined The King’s Page her senior year as a staff writer. She will attend Haverford College in the fall.
“I’m so happy that I decided to take journalism this year, it was a great opportunity to get to write about topics I was interested in and meet new people.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2023, 2024
Kaitlyn Caldow wrote for The King’s Page in her senior year and enjoyed writing for the news section. Kaitlyn will be attending UC Davis in the fall and she is interested in working in the medical field, studying neuroscience.
“I liked being a part of The King’s Page because I was able to meet new people and learn more about our school community.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2021
Jesus Pulet Rodriguez was a part of The King’s Page his freshman year as a staff writer. Next year Jesus will be serving the United States Marine Corps, he hopes to make a big impact on his country and community and hopes to inspire others.
“My favorite thing about the Kings Page was meeting every staff writer since we all have a vast interests but were able to share our opinions and have open discussions on topics you wouldn’t be able to discuss in other classes.”

Positions: Staff Writer
Years: 2021, 2022, 2023
Robert Reyes was a staff writer for The King’s Page his sophomore and junior years. He spent his senior year of high school in Italy which was a life changing experience for him, and will be coming back to the U.S. next year, majoring in Journalism on a full ride to George Washington University.
“The King’s Page was an amazing experience for me and taught me about the importance of spreading awareness.”