Thanksgiving Home Decor

Image courtesy of Creative Commons

As we start going into the fall, we start seeing more color palettes with orange and browns. Decorating with these burnt colors has us feeling cozy. Many students do not have the money to buy aesthetic decorations from Pottery Barn and Pier 1 Imports, but there are ways to decorate your home or dorm with cheap decorations from Dollar Tree, Target, and even Home Goods.

To start, an essential decoration for fall is wreaths. Wreaths can go on almost every door in your house. They can be made with yellow flowers and orange leaves that make the pale green pop. There are many different styles and different ways you can make them. At the Dollar Tree they have a bunch of around three fake flowers for only a dollar and you can pair the different colors and make your own. They also sell mini pumpkins that you can stick on to your wreath

Image courtesy of Creative Commons

Candles are vital to start the fall season,whether you will use them just for decor or you burn them once in a while. You can use different sizes and it is encouraged to use different colors to add contrast. You can also use candles that have distinct textures. On this round wood tree trunk bar, there are six different colors. As you can see, even the oranges are different shades. To add a bit more, there are a couple of leaves. 

Image courtesy of Creative Commons

This arrangement was made with different types of fall leaves that are from Hobby Lobby and Michaels. There are more orange colors that contrast with the little bit of green that pops out. On the table there is a lantern with an LED candle inside and these candles are very easy to find especially at Home Goods. At Home Goods they sell the LED candle packs with about six different ones and they give the perfect allusion of a candle being lit. 

Image courtesy of Creative Commons

Pillows are also necessary to make a home feel cozy. Especially during this time where it starts to get dark earlier, you want to come home to a restful and warm looking space. You can buy pillow covers for cheap at random stores or you can buy them at Target. In this picture, there is one statement pillow in the middle and the other ones match the main one. You can even buy two or more pillows with more designs and writing and put the simpler ones in the middle. 

Hopefully you have fun decorating your home and hopefully you are able to do it with your families.