Super Bowl Halftime Show

Every year there is a part of the Super Bowl that has always been hyped up, and always been a key event of the Super Bowl. The super bowl halftime show has been highly anticipated this year with many big features. This year the main features of this halftime show are Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J.Blige, and Kendrick Lamar. Some of the songs they’ll be performing are Humble by Kendrick Lamar, Still Dre by Dr. Dre, Rap God by Eminem, and Family Affair by Mary J. Blige. The main sponsor of this year’s halftime show is Pepsi. Another big moneymaker for the NFL are the commercials during the game. These commercials are often the best they have, because this is the largest audience every year watching TV. Since this is the largest audience watching every year they also have the highest commercial price. The average commercial price would be around $5.5-6 million for a 30 second commercial. The most expensive commercial this year is the Amazon Alexa ad, coming in at 16.8 million and a 90 second commercial. The most replayed commercials this year will be Pepsi, Lays, Bud Weiser, Tide, Doritos, GoDaddy, and Coca-Cola. 

Sophomore Dante Bruice shared, “I am very excited for the game between the Rams and the Bengals but although I do love Joe Burrow I think the Rams are going to destroy us I can’t lie, but I do want Joe Burrow to win a title because that would be pretty historical. I’m also very excited to see some of my favorite rappers perform with each other. I think it’s going to be one of the best halftime shows of all time, because there is so much talent in the group of musicians.” He is really looking forward to the game, commercials, and halftime show this year.

Go check out the game on sunday, February 13. It will be televised on Peacock and NBC, with loads of funny commercials and a massive star studded halftime show.

Illustration courtesy of Leo Metzger