Fall Fun at Lane Farms

As the leaves begin to change and the crisp autumn breeze fills the air, the arrival of fall and all that it brings becomes more and more apparent. If you are looking for a way to get into the spirit, in the heart of Santa Barbara lies Lane Farms, a local farm that transforms into a pumpkin patch during this time of year. Located off Hollister Avenue and Walnut Lane, the farm invites visitors to come and embrace the spirit of fall through its abundant pumpkin patch and all its other fall activities it has to offer. 

The Lane family has been farming in the Santa Barbara/Goleta area since 1868.  The farm is owned and operated by John and Ruth Lane. As they offer seasonal produce for purchase in their produce stand, growing about 30 different kinds of fruits and veggies all year around. Their produce stand has been using sustainable and organic methods to bring amazing local produce to the community since 1939. This has earned them a long-time, raving reputation in the community and their customers can always rely on delicious, wholesome produce. 

Outside of their produce stand, Lane Farms offers annual seasonal activities for all to enjoy. Every year, Lane Farms welcomes you to come and enjoy the fall harvest at the pumpkin patch during spooky season, Lane Farms Christmas Patch during the Winter Holiday Season, and Strawberry Patch Saturdays in the spring.

During this time of year, Lane Farms is most renowned for its sprawling pumpkin patch that brings fall and spooky spirits to life. Acres of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes create a mesmerizing site to make memories with your family and friends as you  find your favorite pumpkin to take home and carve. Alongside pumpkins, you can also purchase other fall harvest crops like squash and gourds which you can use to decorate your home alongside your pumpkins, or you can even use them to cook up a fall feast! 

Beyond the pumpkin patch, Lane Farms offers three other fall themed activities and attractions to enrich your experience further. Upon entry you will see a petting zoo of farm animals such as donkeys, pigs, and goats that you can pet and admire. The corn maze is also brought back every year with a different route to decipher, allowing for some competitive fun as you can race against your friends and family through the maze. They also offer hayrides through the farm, or you can meander around the entire property, which gives you a unique view of everything there is to see including the pumpkin patch, corn maze, and farm animals. 

Finally, as you are checking out with your pumpkin or whatever else you may have found, Lane Farms offers various seasonal fall treats for purchase at checkout. Andie Flores, a senior at San Marcos and an employee at Lane Farms, says “The loving family environment it brings really makes me love doing my job. Especially when it’s pumpkin season and Christmas trees, which are right around the corner! I also work with the farm animals year round, I clean them, walk them around and just keep them taken care of.” 

So, if you are looking for a fall activity to do during this season, head to Lane Farms! They are open Monday through Friday from noon to 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The corn maze closes slightly earlier at 6:45 p.m. everyday. Lane Farms is a perfect place to get in the fall spirit this year and welcomes anyone and everyone to stop by!