Back to School Night

It is that time of year again, or if it is your first year at San Marcos, it is back-to-school night! Every year San Marcos hosts a back-to-school night for parents to get to know their students’ teachers. This year is the first year in a long while that it is back due to the pandemic. On September 12, 2022 parents will get to know more information about the school and learn what a day in the life of a student is like. 

Image courtesy of Sofia Carrillo

Furthermore, it is a way for parents to get involved in their child’s school. Some organizations which parents can join are: ELAC (English Learner Advisory Council), PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association), Band Boosters, Athletic Boosters and or, the Royal Pride Foundation. 

“We are really excited to welcome all of our families and students back to San Marcos High School for the first time in 2 ½  years. It will be really great to see all of the faces of the people who love our kids just as much as we do. And I hope that they feel that our families can find a place to connect and meet the students’ teachers, and find that San Marcos is a place that we want to continue welcoming families back to; a safe place for all of our students,” said our Assistant Principal Ms. Dupont.

Returning parents over the last two years have not been able to fully interact with teachers and catch sight of the campus, so it will be a new  experience for them. On the other hand, some families and parents have never been on campus. This will be the first time they walk around the San Marcos halls and see what the campus and classrooms are like. 

The event will start at 6:00 in the evening at San Marcos Marquis Performing Arts Center. It will begin with a performance from marching band and cheer. It will be followed up with the national anthem sung by our excellent choir department, and will include a speech from our new principal Mr. Holdren. This back to school night will be one of many to come and will continue to provide information to new or returning families.